World Kayak proudly announces the 10th annual series of grassroots paddling events in the Tri-Cities region. These FUN & FREE whitewater paddling events are aimed at friendly competition on the Nolichucky River. Event rules are easy and prizes are only given out for participation… we draw names from a hat!
All boaters/paddlers are welcome to participate! Our World Kayak region has teamed up with local Sponsors & World Kayak Partners to have this special event at NoliFest with prizes! Look for other HTTD events over the course of the 2018 summer paddling season also.
This event will be a 1.5 mile team slalom survivor boatercross on the Lower Nolichucky (Class I-II rapids)! Gather your team of 3 paddlers for this relay style race and be ready to throwdown on NoliFest Saturday evening!
Date & Time: April 14, 2018 @ 6:oo P.M.
Place: U.S.A. Raft, 2 Jones Branch Rd, Erwin TN
– Registration/sign-in will begin at 5:00 P.M. on the day of the event at USA Raft. Look for the Hometown Throwdown banners in the vendor area at the Jackson Kayak booth.
– The event will kick off with a paddler’s meeting at 6:00 P.M. Then race start from USA Raft river access.
– Course will finish at Chestoa Pike Bridge adjacent to Uncle Johnny’s Nolichucky Hostel. Take-out on river left below bridge at Uncle’s Johnny’s river access. USA Raft will be there to shuttle paddlers back up to their outpost.
– Awards Ceremony and Prize Draw will follow later back at USA Raft. You must be present to win a prize.
Prizes are given for participation or volunteering, not placement, and a big bag of prizes from our local sponsors & WK partners will be given away via prize draws.
Shout out to our World Kayak Partners for the sweet prizes:
Big thanks also to our local sponsors for this event:
This event is being run by the Tri-Cities World Kayak Ambassador and his volunteer team. Volunteers are more than welcome to join in on the event fun to be eligible for prizes. “Click here to Contact Me” if you are interested in volunteering for this Throwdown event.
This Throwdown will have event coverage at http://worldkayakblogs.com/throwdown/ and each competitor will be able see their results & photos at this web link after the event.
World Kayak will be accepting walk-on registrations the day of the event.
- Men’s K-1 3 paddler team: Male paddlers age 18 or above – any size kayak
- Women’s K-1 3 paddler team: Female paddlers age 18 or above – any size kayak
- Coed K-1 3 paddler team: Male & Female paddlers age 18 or above – any size kayak
- C-1 3 paddler team: Single blade paddlers (open boat or kayak)
- Juniors 3 paddler team: Youth paddlers age 17 or below
- SUP 3 paddler team: You know who you are…
We will also create other classes on the day of the event, if there is enough participation (Minimum of 6 participants to make class): i.e. K-2 class (Duos), OC-1 class, Open class (inflatable crafts, etc…).
Come out, have fun and strut your stuff! Hope to see you on the Noli!!
Event Organizer: Wesley R. Bradley ~ (423) 647-1321