August 18th, 2012 Tumwater Chaos Challenge!
This is a race chaser start. It will start from the river left side of the pipeline bridge at the bottom of the Chaos Rapid. Racers will begin with a 800m run from the parking area to the beach above Chaos where their boats will be staged for launch and begin the descent through the infamous Chaos rapid. This race is very much water dependant if the levels are above 1800cfs at the Peshastin gage the race will be moved another section of the river.
– Boats classes will be as follows:
- 9’ and under
- 9’-01” and over. This class will be canceled if there are less than 6 or more participants.
- 10:00 – 10:30 am fill out waivers at Leavenworth Mtn Sports and go over event format.
- 10:30 – 11:00 am Shuttle to the event.
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm Race Time
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm Awards at the parking area for the Pipeline Trail below the Chaos Rapid.
I will be updating event details as we get closer to the date listed above so, check back for more details. I will also be looking for three volunteers to facilitate with the event logistics and setting safety for racers. Thanks and I will see you there!