This event will happen at 9am on Mar 23 with a makeup date of Mar 30. The action will go down on Daddy’s Creek. The race will be from the Yellow Creek confluence through challenging class 4 water and end at the bottom of “Rattlesnake” rapid. For this race, we will all meet at the Devil’s Breakfast Table bridge take out at 9am. We will have a 16′ enclosed trailer and several other vehicles to provide shuttle. Before we shuttle, I will go over the rules and guidelines for this race. Then we will go to the top, get our race bibs, and race full on. This is a head to head race with one paddlers per heat. We will go every 30 seconds and race for time. I definitely need timers. So if you’re handy with a stopwatch, please volunteer. All boats are welcome, however any boat under 7′ will be considered a short boat, and anything over will be a long boat. Dynamic Duo’s and open boats welcome. I’d really like for everyone that’s planning on racing, to go register online first. Please! It will only make my job easier with getting your scores in. In order to race you do have to be registered. Walk-ons discouraged but accepted. Don’t be that guy.Just go online and register!
Below are directions to the put/in take/out. I’m really looking forward to seeing everybody out at my first annual World Kayak Hometown Throwdown Daddy’s Creek Race!
Meet at the Devil’s Breakfast Table bridge at 9am.
Directions from Nashville
1. Slight left onto I-40 E 109 mi
2. Take exit 322 for TN-101/Peavine Rd toward Crossville 0.2 mi
3. Turn left onto TN-101 N/Peavine Rd
4. Continue to follow Peavine Rd 10.8 mi
5. Turn left to stay on Peavine Rd 0.1 mi
6. Take the 1st right to stay on Peavine Rd 0.1 mi
7. Slight left onto Hebbertsburg Rd 4.9 mi
8. Turn left onto Hebbertburg Rd 2.5 mi
9. Continue onto Otter Creek Rd
Destination will be on the right.