This race is scheduled for Feb 23 with a makeup date of Mar 2. Its to be on Crooked Fork Creek. The race will start below the class V Lemans Falls, and end at the bottom of porters falls which is an easy 15 footer with no mandatory lines. This will also be a Short run but longer than the first. The expert class will start at the top of Lemans Falls to make for a more challenging run.
For this race, we will all meet at the Camp Austin take out at 9am. We will have a 16′ enclosed trailer and several other vehicles to provide shuttle. Before we shuttle, I will go over the rules and guidelines for this race. Then we will go to the top, divide into heats, and race full on. This is a head to head race with up to five paddlers per heat. All boats are welcome, however any boat under 7′ will be considered a short boat, and anything over will be a long boat. Dynamic Duo’s and open boats welcome. I’d really like for everyone that’s planning on racing, to go register online first. Please! It will only make my job easier with getting your scores in. In order to race you do have to be registered. Walk-ons discouraged but accepted. Don’t be that guy.Just go online and register!
Below are directions to the put/in take/out. I’m really looking forward to seeing everybody out at my first annual World Kayak Hometown Throwdown Crooked Fork Creek Race!
Details for Crooked Fork access
We will meet at 9am at Camp Austin.
Directions from Nashville.
1. Slight left onto I-40 E 127 mi
2. Take exit 340 for TN-299 N/Airport Rd 0.3 mi
3. Turn left onto TN-299 S/Rockwood Airport Rd
4. Continue to follow Rockwood Airport Rd 2.6 mi
5. Continue onto Airport Rd/State Route 299 3.4 mi
6. Turn left onto Raymond Bingham Rd 0.2 mi
7. Continue onto Pine Orchard Rd 0.4 mi
8. Turn right to stay on Pine Orchard Rd 4.4 mi
9. Continue onto Camp Austin Rd/Deermont Rd 0.1 mi
14. Turn right to stay on Camp Austin Rd/Deermont Rd
15. Continue to follow Camp Austin Rd 0.8 mi
Camp Austin Rd
Oakdale, TN 37829